Schedule a Free Consultation

Fort Myers 239-344-9471

Toll Free 888-312-0536

July 2017 Archives

How do I resign as a trust's trustee?

If you serve as a trustee to a trust, there are many reasons why you may wish to resign from your duties at some point. While this is certainly possible, it is similar to a minor divorce in some ways — legally allowed, but only by following certain state-specific procedures. For trustees in Florida, the process is relatively simple, but not always easy.

Florida company developing electronic will execution

When you choose to make a will, it is important to remember that creating and executing the will are two distinctly separate components of the process, and if either piece is faulty, they threaten the integrity of the document as whole, as well as its authority in Florida when you pass away or become incapacitated.

How to omit an heir from your will

For one reason or another, you may wish to omit a relative from your will. Regardless of your motivation to remove or omit the relative, it is important that you follow proper procedures in order to ensure that the omission stands up in court and is honored after you pass away. With proper preparation, you can ensure that your wishes are known and followed.

Can an estate plan protect my assets from my debts?

A strong estate plan is not just about providing for the ones you love, it also encompasses building protections for your assets against debts that could harm your spouse or beneficiaries. This is particularly true if you have significant debts. A well-crafted estate plan can help ensure that the ones you love do not have to face their inheritance being gobbled up by creditors seeking payment after you pass away.